Welcome

Congrats on finding my blog. I will post my reader response and other stuff. Remember................KEEP ON READING!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Reader response

Reader response
                                                                                                                                                    Moneeb       4/1/2011
  I am responding to the book “The chronicles of Vladimir Tod ninth grade slays” by Heather Brewer.  I read 278 out of 278 pages.  This book is fiction. The main characters are Vladimir, Henry, Joss, Aunt Nelly, Otis, Vikas and D’ablo.  The genre of the text is fantasy because it has unrealistic or unworldly elements.  The setting is in the city of Bathory.

  The title tells me this book has some humor because the title is actually a pun.  To summarize the text I would say; a young vampire is in danger of a slayer, but what he doesn’t know is that the slayer is very close to him.  What I really want to remember is when Vladimir survived a stake to the heart because it would mean another book is coming.  The author got me interested when Vladimir found out Joss is a slayer because I thought it was someone else.  My favorite part was when Vikas gave Vladimir a nick name in Russian because it meant little devil in English. 

  The situation in the text reminds me of something that happened to me.  I lost trust in someone because they betrayed me.  The same thing happened in the text when Joss tried to kill him.  As compared to other texts, this text is similar to the evil twin because a side character is trying to kill a main character.  I am different from D’ablo because I am not evil and psychotic.

  I like this text because it’s grim and funny at the same time.  This text helped me to understand teens because the main character is a vampire.  I think the text is realistic because it reflects the behaviour of teenagers.  For example, Vladimir plays games with Henry.  I hope you enjoyed my response.                     

1 comment:

  1. What do you think is the main appeal of this series that has made it so popular? Is it similar to other vampire series or is there something particularly unique about it?

    I want to see MUCH more detail in your response. You are a good reader and I know you must have more to say; put in the effort to do so, please! I want to see many narrative element vocabulary words in your introduction such as theme, foreshadowing, metaphor, etc. Try to use quotes that are meaningful to spice up the response even more. You can do it, Moneeb!

    ReplyDelete