Welcome

Congrats on finding my blog. I will post my reader response and other stuff. Remember................KEEP ON READING!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Reader response


                                                                     Reader response 
               Moneeb                                                                    2/3/11
My name is Moneeb and I’m going to respond to the book “The chronicles of Vladimir Tod Eight grade bites”.   I have read the whole book, this text is non-fiction.  The main characters are Vladimir, Mr. Otis, Henry, Aunt Nelly and D’ablo.  The genre is Realistic fiction because it has fantasy elements but is realistic.  The conflict is about a teenage vampire who believes he’s being pursued by someone close to him.  The theme is about the life of a teenage vampire and his dark past.  The climax was when Vladimir was fighting D’ablo and got kicked in the ribs.  The antagonis is D’ablo because in the book he tried to kill Vladimir.

  The title told me that this is a vampire book because the name Vladimir reminds me of vampires.  What I want to remember is when Vladimir defeated D’ablo because it was epic.   The text really is about a teenage Vampire who is dealing with teen issues until he learned that he is being pursued.  The author got me interested when he wrote about Vladimir trying to save his aunt because it was very suspenseful.  The character I like the best is Vladimir because he cares a lot for people like Aunt Nelly.  My favorite part was the end because Vladimir won the battle. 

  Vladimir reminds me of myself because his hairstyle hangs down to his face.  The situation reminds me of twilight because it’s about a vampire and his lifestyle.  As compared to another text about vampires I think this one was better because It’s not about romance it’s about lifestyle.   If I could be anyone in the text I would be Vladimir because he is not only cool but he can handle bullies quite well.  I am different from D’ablo because in the book, D’ablo accused Vladimir of his father’s crimes, I’m no as cruel and inhumane as D’ablo. 

  I like this text because I t was a unique one unlike those vampire books like twilight.  The text really helped to understand teenagers because they are different than adults.  I taught the text was semi-realistic because teenage boys act this way however, it contains unrealistic elements like vampires.  My feelings about the text changed when he got captured because I started to cry.  After reading the first page I got bored and thought I would abandon the book.  I admire Vladimir because he’s pretty cool  in style and charm         

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed this text and found it to create emotion during the reading experience. Have you read the Twilight series, or are you comparing this book to the movies?

    You contradicted yourself in the introduction for saying this book was non-fiction and realistic fiction. Come chat with me about the introduction paragraph so I can clarify some of the elements and what exactly they mean. I can see that you have confused them a bit. :)

    Don't forget to explain in detail each statement you make. For example, you didn't say why you were going to abandon the book after the first page. Go deeper into your reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job, Moneeb!
    I'm glad you are the emotional one, you actually cried while reading this book. I don't know many people that would cry over a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moneeb,
    I was very impressed!
    I like how you compared your self to Vladimir based on your looks, I haven't seen anybody do that before! I also like how you thought the text was semi- realistic ( that was pretty neat!)And last but no least I like how you shared you emotions about how you felt about when Vladimir got caught too! Overall great reader response:)

    ReplyDelete